Monday, June 8, 2009

SO HOW'S MARRIED LIFE?

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked this question since we got married. I know that it's the normal thing to ask--after all, we DID recently get married. But how do you answer that question? What do people want to hear? If you say "Oh it's great! We're doing reall well!"...that's so boring. If you giddly turn to your spouse and then turn back to the person who asked you the question and say "Wonderful! We're just having the best time!" ...you feel silly and young and naive. If you try to make a joke and say something like "Oh, you know, we're doing great...just trying to figure out each others quirks"...it could backfire and you could end up raising a few eyebrows.



I suppose it depends on who's asking you the question, how well you know him or her, and how much you want to elaborate.



I'm curious, though. What's YOUR answer to the question?

No comments:

Post a Comment